Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dark Liberator




I am the liberator
For those who know me
The hour of darkness
For those who don’t
Cold and merciless
I am shrouded in mystery
A harbinger of sorrow,
An annihilator,
Dispassionate and indiscriminate.

I am the misunderstood truth
For many I am untimely
But I remain the slave of time
Arriving never before
Only when the hour is at hand.
The ageless dark knight
Riding his black horse
Shunned and unwelcome
I come nevertheless.

I am the beginning
And yet for most
I am the end.
Fleeing from me
But escaping not my embrace
I am the soulless collector
Of souls, holding out my hand
Helping them cross the realm
To another new journey.
I am death.

                             

18 comments:

  1. so ride the dark horse the harvester. i well not ride but hide till he s pasted. lovely poem. god bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem, Rimly - you created some chilling images of the soulless collector of souls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Abhisek, Roy and Nanang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death is final..its..the end..only you can do this Rimly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well written...very cold as death is. You do have a wonderful way with words
    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/03/definition-of-insanity.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful poem about death and his honesty makes him likable in an odd sort of way.Brilliant post, dear Outlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well written! The dark horse is scary, but he comes for us all sometime... at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new beginning - Death - love it Rimly! Very very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rimly,
    I wish I can embrace the new journey with as much hope... your poem always sends me to another world - strange and yet so familiar... Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dark ...my kind of poem....Thank you... As always...XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...you make death sound attractive!! Loved it as usual....

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful,dark and vivid...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i stayed on some words you used in your poem... there's so much to ponder on... two contrasting thoughts on death... and yet i still see it in a positive light... death is just a passage... life has no end ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is excellently written. Very powerful in the darkest sense.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everybody for your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete